- 1 ½ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water, 110-115˚ F
- 2 tsp white sugar
- 2 tsp fine salt
- 3 Tb SOOC Rosemary Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 ½ cups bread flour
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Extra EVOO for brushing on top and serving (I used SOOC garlic EVOO)
- Coarse sea salt and dried rosemary for sprinkling on top
- Serve with SOOC Balsamic Vinegar
- In a large bowl, sprinkle yeast into 1 cup warm water. Mix in the sugar and salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes or until it foams. Add in Rosemary Olive Oil. Add flour and knead (by hand or mixer) for about 10 minutes. Add black pepper, and oregano. Knead another 5 minutes. Dough should come together well at this point; slightly sticky is fine. Place dough ball in well oiled bowl (I use Garlic EVOO) turning dough a few times so that dough surfaces are protected by oil. Tightly cover owl with cling wrap. Place in warm, draft-free area to rise until dough is doubled, approximately 1 hour, depending on room temp.
- After dough is doubled, punch it down and shape into a rounded loaf. Using sharp knife, make a criss-cross design on top. Place rounded loaf on greased baking sheet. Cover up loaf with large mixing bowl inverted over it. Make sure bowl is large enough that it gives your loaf room to rise. Let rise until doubled again, approx. 1 hour.
- After dough has doubled again, gently brush with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse sea salt and a bit of rosemary. Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes. Bake until top is a nice golden brown, taking care not to over bake.
- Serve bread fresh and warm, with your favorite SOOC olive oil, ground pepper and SOOC balsamic vinegar.