- 1 Cup Canned Pumpkin
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup SOOC Butter Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tsp. Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
- 1 11 oz. bag of Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pumpkin, sugar, Butter Olive Oil and egg in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir into the wet ingredients. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir well. (about one minute)
- Add vanilla and chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Drop cookies on a baking sheet by spoonful. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Posted in Desserts, News, Recipes | Tagged butter, EVOO, olive oil | Leave a Comment »
- 2 Cups fresh or thawed frozen corn
- 1 15 oz. can of Black Beans
- 1 Red Pepper, diced
- 1 Red Onion, diced
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- 1/4 Cup SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Harissa, Chipotle, or Cayenne Chili)
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- Drain and rinse the black beans, and place in a large bowl.
- Add fresh or thawed corn, red pepper, red onion, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, Olive Oil, lime juice and salt.
- Still well and serve with tortilla chips
Posted in Appetizers, News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged Cayenne Chili Olive Oil, chipotle, EVOO, Harissa, olive oil, persian lime | Leave a Comment »
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken cut into 1/2 inch thick strips
- 3 Tablespoon SOOC Coconut Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon SOOC Butternut Squash Seed Oil (or SOOC Grape Seed Oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 cup rice flour
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish.
- Combine almond milk, coconut balsamic vinegar and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well.
- Place coconut in a shallow dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture; dredge in coconut.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Butternut Squash Seed Oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan, turning until brown, cook 6 minutes or until done.
Posted in News | Leave a Comment »
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup SOOC lemon olive oil
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8-inch pan by coating the sides and bottom with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix together the grated zucchini, brown sugar, olive oil, yogurt, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and spices. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Fold in the walnuts and lemon zest if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40 to 55 minutes. The bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove the bread from the pan and cool on the rack completely before cutting and serving.
Posted in Desserts, News, Recipes | Tagged bread, breads, Breakfast, lemon, Lemon evoo, olive oil, walnuts, Zucchini | Leave a Comment »
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 ripe avocados
6 oz. sweet corn
2 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 cup Feta cheese (optional)
2 tbsp. lime juice
3 tbsp. SOOC Persian Lime Olive Oil
1 tbsp. honey
1 clove garlic, minced
Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Slice the tomatoes in half. Dice the avocados and chop the cilantro.
- Add all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Combine the sliced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, corn and honey-lime dressing and mix gently so everything is evenly coated. Be careful not to mash the avocados. Let the salad sit for 10-15 minutes to let the flavors mingle. Can use as a dip with chips.
Posted in Appetizers, News, Recipes, Salads, Side Dishes | Tagged persian lime | Leave a Comment »
- 1 bunch broccoli cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup SOOC Garlic Olive Oil (or Tuscan Herb)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. (or use a vegetable basket on grill)
- Mix together the SOOC Garlic Olive Oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Toss together the broccoli and the oil mixture in a large bowl.
- Spread out the broccoli on a cookie sheet.
- Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Be sure to check often to make sure broccoli isn’t burning, but tender and crispy.
- Remove from the oven and toss with the cheese.
Posted in News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged arbosana, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, tuscan herb | Leave a Comment »