- 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups warm 110 degree water
- 1/3 cup SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (natural or flavored)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- 4-5 tsp. anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoon SOOC Butter Olive Oil
- ½ cup SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used Garlic Olive Oil)
- 2 tsp. SOOC white balsamic vinegar (I used Sicilian Lemon)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for sauce:
In a small frying pan, toast nuts over low heat, shaking often, just until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
In a food processor, combine almonds, anchovy paste if using, garlic and butter olive oil, pulse until smooth. Mix in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then white balsamic vinegar. Mix in cilantro and red pepper flakes (if using).
Spoon sauce around each wedge of Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
Posted in Appetizers, News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged arbosana, balsamic, butter, Butter EVOO, EVOO, garlic, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, White Balsamic | Leave a Comment »
2 lbs skinned and boned chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 Tbsp SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
2 Tbsp SOOC Hojiblanca Olive Oil (or any natural EVOO)
2 lbs cooked ham (cubed into 1 inch cubes)
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 medium chopped white onion
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
3 (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
2 ½ cups chicken broth
4 green table onions (chopped)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 C uncooked long grain rice
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
¾ tsp cayenne ( or ¼ tsp more if you like spicy)
2 lbs peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- Heat the garlic olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast and sauté’ until no longer pink and then remove to a separate dish
- Heat Hojiblanca Olive oil and add onions, bell peppers and garlic; sauté until beginning to soften
- Add chicken back in along with tomatoes and their juices, ham, and spices
- Bring to a boil while gradually stirring in rice and shrimp; cover pot
- Reduce heat to medium low; simmer until rice is tender and most liquids are absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and if you desire my kick sprinkle with powdered cayenne.
1 Large cauliflower
SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Garlic or Tuscan Herb are great)
Directions for Roasted Cauliflower:
Heat the oven while you prepare the cauliflower: Place heavy oven-proof skillet (a cast iron skillet works well) or a baking sheet in the oven and turn the heat to 375 degrees.
Place a small pan of hot water on the lower rack of the oven to create steam.
Break off and discard the outer leaves from the cauliflower. Cut off the bottom of the stem, then use the tip of a small, sharp knife to cut off the leaves close to the stem. Carefully cut out the hard core of the cauliflower, near the bottom. Leave the main stem intact and make sure not to cut through any of the florets.
Rinse the cauliflower (leave the water clinging to the outside: and place on a work surface, core side up. Drizzle with olive oil and rub over the cauliflower until evenly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Place the cauliflower on the hot skillet in the oven, core side down, and cook until very tender all the way through when pierced with a knife, at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours. During the cooking, baste 2 or 3 times with more olive oil. It should brown nicely. If you have a convection feature or broiler, use it toward the end of baking to brown the crust.
- 1 cup SOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature**
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender jar, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic and lime juice. Process until well combined.
- VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in the Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break.
- Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate.
**This recipe contains raw egg yolks. If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1 recipe for Chipotle-Lime Aioli
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely shredded red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
For The Cake
2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1/2 cup SOOC lemon olive oil + 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 cups washed and dried blueberries (1/2 cup reserved)
For the Simple Syrup Lemon Glazed Blueberries
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoon fresh lemon Juice or the juice of 1 large lemon
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease an 8 cup bundt pan with lemon olive oil, or 8- 1 cup mini-bundt pans.
In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs together until light yellow and thickened. Add the lemon olive oil, lemon zest, vanilla, and sour cream.
In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet ingredients and whisk until no dry spots of flour remain. Fold in the blueberries reserving 1/2 cup for decoration.
For the glaze, mix together the lemon juice and sugar in a microwave proof bowl. Heat for 1 minute on high. Whisk, and allow the glaze to sit until all the sugar is dissolved and the glaze has become transparent.
Bake the full size bundt pan for 45- 50 minutes, and the mini-bundt pans for 25-30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to coll for at least 20 minutes before inverting.
Allow the cake to cool fully. Add the blueberries to the cooled clear syrup and toss to coat. Decorate the top/center of the bundt with the blueberries allow the glaze to run down the sides and soak into the cake. Serve immediately.