Cherry Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 cup SOOC Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup SOOC Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions: Combine cherries with balsamic vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes. Combine with remaining ingredients and whisk together. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Honey Lime Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/3 cup SOOC Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 3 Tbsp SOOC Cranberry-Pear White Balsamic Vinegar (or you can use your favorite SOOC White Balsamic Vinegar)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
Directions: Whisk together all ingredients, serve immediately or refrigerate.
Asian Butternut Squash Seed Oil (or Pumpkin See Oil) Dressing
- 1/2 cup SOOC Butternut Squash See Oil or SOOC Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 cup SOOC Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (or horseradish mustard)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Directions: Whisk together all ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Posted in News, Recipes, Salads, Side Dishes | Tagged balsamic, Black Cherry Balsamic, blackberry ginger, Butternut Squash Seed Oil, cranberry Pear, dressing, EVOO, Honey Ginger, olive oil, persian lime, pumpkin, salad, traditional, vinaigrette | Leave a Comment »
-1 Angel Food Cake, Cubed
-1 box vanilla pudding mix, made according to box directions
-1/4 cup milk (in addition to milk used in pudding)
-1 1/2 cups raspberries
-1 1/2 cups blueberries
-1 1/2 cups strawberries
-1/3 cup SOOC Blueberry Balsamic Vinegar
-1/3 cup SOOC Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar (or Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar)
-2 cups heavy whipping cream
-2 Tablespoons honey
1. Make the vanilla pudding mix, adding the extra 1/4 cup milk; the pudding will be runny. Whip with mixer, two cups of heavy cream with the two tablespoons of honey until stiff peaks form.
2. In a large decorative glass bowl, add half of the cubed Angel Food Cake to the bottom. Add a layer of mixed berries (using about 1/2 of the berries). Pour half of the pudding mixture over the berries. Then drizzle half of the Balsamic Vinegar over the pudding. Next add a layer of 1/2 the whipping cream over the top.
3. Repeat the layers with Angel Food Cake, berries, pudding, balsamic vinegar, finishing with a layer of the whipping cream.
4. Garnish with fresh berries. Keep chilled before serving.
Posted in Desserts, Holiday, News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged balsamic, Blueberry, Raspberry, raspberry balsamic, strawberry, strawberry balsamic | Leave a Comment »
- 4 1/2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups warm 110 degree water
- 1/3 cup SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (natural or flavored)
- 1 tablespoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
If using a bread machine follow the instructions for adding ingredients to the machine. If mixing in a mixer or by hand, combine the sugar and water and yeast in a large bowl or mixer bowl. Allow to sit for five minutes. Add the olive oil and salt. Begin mixing in the flour. It will be fairly wet but avoid the temptation to add more flour. Knead for approximately 3 minutes until the dough is relatively smooth and cohesive. Allow to rise for 1 hour covered in a warm place. Divide and shape or roll the dough in to two large thin crust pizzas or three medium thin crust pizzas. Depending on how hot you can get your oven or grill, the cooking time will be anywhere between 5-10 minutes. You are looking for golden brown crust and bubbling cheese.
makes enough dough for 2 large or three medium thin crust pizzas
Posted in Main Courses, News, Recipes | Tagged arbosana, Basil Extra virgin olive oil, EVOO, garlic, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, tuscan herb | Leave a Comment »
- 1/3 cup blanched almonds
- 4-5 tsp. anchovy paste (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 Tablespoon SOOC Butter Olive Oil
- ½ cup SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used Garlic Olive Oil)
- 2 tsp. SOOC white balsamic vinegar (I used Sicilian Lemon)
- ½ cup coarsely chopped cilantro (or more to taste)
- 1-2 tsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Directions for sauce:
In a small frying pan, toast nuts over low heat, shaking often, just until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
In a food processor, combine almonds, anchovy paste if using, garlic and butter olive oil, pulse until smooth. Mix in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then white balsamic vinegar. Mix in cilantro and red pepper flakes (if using).
Spoon sauce around each wedge of Whole Roasted Cauliflower.
Posted in Appetizers, News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged arbosana, balsamic, butter, Butter EVOO, EVOO, garlic, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, Sicilian Lemon Balsamic, White Balsamic | Leave a Comment »
2 lbs skinned and boned chicken breast (cut into 1 inch cubes)
1 tsp sea salt
¼ tsp fresh ground black pepper
3 Tbsp SOOC Garlic Olive Oil
2 Tbsp SOOC Hojiblanca Olive Oil (or any natural EVOO)
2 lbs cooked ham (cubed into 1 inch cubes)
5 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 medium chopped white onion
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 red bell pepper (chopped)
3 (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
2 ½ cups chicken broth
4 green table onions (chopped)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 C uncooked long grain rice
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried thyme
¾ tsp cayenne ( or ¼ tsp more if you like spicy)
2 lbs peeled and deveined raw shrimp
- Heat the garlic olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast and sauté’ until no longer pink and then remove to a separate dish
- Heat Hojiblanca Olive oil and add onions, bell peppers and garlic; sauté until beginning to soften
- Add chicken back in along with tomatoes and their juices, ham, and spices
- Bring to a boil while gradually stirring in rice and shrimp; cover pot
- Reduce heat to medium low; simmer until rice is tender and most liquids are absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and if you desire my kick sprinkle with powdered cayenne.
Posted in Main Courses, News, Recipes | Tagged arbosana, chipotle, EVOO, garlic, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, tuscan herb | Leave a Comment »
1 Large cauliflower
SOOC Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Garlic or Tuscan Herb are great)
Directions for Roasted Cauliflower:
Heat the oven while you prepare the cauliflower: Place heavy oven-proof skillet (a cast iron skillet works well) or a baking sheet in the oven and turn the heat to 375 degrees.
Place a small pan of hot water on the lower rack of the oven to create steam.
Break off and discard the outer leaves from the cauliflower. Cut off the bottom of the stem, then use the tip of a small, sharp knife to cut off the leaves close to the stem. Carefully cut out the hard core of the cauliflower, near the bottom. Leave the main stem intact and make sure not to cut through any of the florets.
Rinse the cauliflower (leave the water clinging to the outside: and place on a work surface, core side up. Drizzle with olive oil and rub over the cauliflower until evenly coated. Sprinkle with sea salt.
Place the cauliflower on the hot skillet in the oven, core side down, and cook until very tender all the way through when pierced with a knife, at least 1 hour or up to 2 hours. During the cooking, baste 2 or 3 times with more olive oil. It should brown nicely. If you have a convection feature or broiler, use it toward the end of baking to brown the crust.
Posted in Main Courses, News, Recipes, Side Dishes | Tagged arbosana, butter, EVOO, garlic, Garlic Extra virgin olive oil, olive oil, tuscan herb | Leave a Comment »
- 1 cup SOOC Chipotle Olive Oil
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature**
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender jar, add the egg yolks, salt, garlic and lime juice. Process until well combined.
- VERY SLOWLY, drop by drop, begin to drizzle in the Chipotle Olive Oil while the machine is running. Extreme patience must be taken with this slow process, as too much olive oil poured in at once will cause the sauce to break.
- Once the olive oil is completely poured in and emulsified, remove the aioli to a sealed container and refrigerate.
**This recipe contains raw egg yolks. If you have a compromised immune system, you can use pasteurized eggs for this recipe.
Spicy Jalapeno-Chipotle Lime Coleslaw
- 1 medium head of cabbage shredded
- 1 recipe for Chipotle-Lime Aioli
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1 bell pepper, seeded, de-ribbed and finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely shredded red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Posted in News, Recipes, Salads, Side Dishes | Tagged chipotle, EVOO, olive oil, salad | Leave a Comment »